Here is an easy to follow guide to make your images clickable.
I’d like to thank Amy over at www.bloggingwithamy.com for such an easy to understand and use lesson. She has so much good material on her site about this kind of stuff, you should check it out.
Step 1: Create (or Save) the Image
If you have not already saved the image to your computer, do this first. (If you need to create an image, check out my video tutorial on my blog button post. It shows you an easy way to create simple images.)
Step 2: Upload the Image to Your Server
Using WordPress, you can upload the image via FTP, or, upload the image via your Dashboard. Here’s how:
- While logged into your Dashboard, click Media (in the left column).
- Choose Add New from the submenu.
- On the new page, click Select File. A window will pop up allowing you to navigate to the place where your image is stored on your computer.
- Once the image is uploaded successfully, copy the “File URL” (which is automatically assigned). The “File URL” field is located at the bottom of the upload window so just scroll down until you see it. This is your image location URL.
Step 3: Insert the HTML in a Widget
You will need two pieces of information for this step:
- The landing page URL. This is the address of the page/post/site where you want the user to land when they click on the image.
- Image Location URL. The URL specifying where the image is located (that you obtained in Step 2 above).
To insert the image and make it clickable, slide a Text Widget into your sidebar. (Here’s how to use widgets in WordPress).
Paste the following code into the Text Widget. Once it’s in there, switch out the bolded URLs below with the two pieces of information you have on hand. Simply paste the URLs between the quotation marks. (Be very careful not to accidentally delete the quotation marks in the process.)
<a href=”http://LandingPageURL.com“><img src=”http://ImageLocationURL” /></a>
To make the link open in a new window…
If you want the new page to open in a new window you would simply add “target=”_blank” to the first piece like so:
<a href=”http://LandingPageURL.com” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://ImageLocationURL” /></a>
That’s it! Simple.
Almost all network marketers eventually come online looking for a way to grow their business. Why? For a lot of different reasons but I think the biggest is this; they have contacted everyone they know and don’t have any choice if they want to continue growing their business.
You can learn this kind of stuff from some of the people over at www.MyLeadSystemPRO.com. MLSP is a lead generation platform that a total newbie can use from day one. It is so simple my dog could do it, well maybe not, but still, it’s really easy.
You owe it to yourself to at least check it out. Sign up for the 3 day FREE Trial and if you don’t like it, QUIT. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED RIGHT NOW